How to Keep A Restaurant Kitchen Safe With Regular Cleanings
Regular hood maintenance by professionals can dramatically reduce the risk of grease fires.
How to Avoid Kitchen Fires with Regular Cleanings
A great hood and exhaust system is a staple in any restaurant. Not only does the system make the kitchen more comfortable to work in, but also they are an integral part of kitchen safety. While most don’t realize it, exhaust systems and hoods dramatically reduce the risk of fire. It’s important for restaurant owners to keep their systems spotless. Neglecting these systems puts the restaurant, employees and patrons at risk.
How Do Fires Start?
Fires can start very easily in hood systems. Hoods are attached to very powerful fans that suck out hot air from the kitchen. A busy kitchen will have air that is hot, smoky, and grease laden. As air is sucked through the hood, grease accumulates on the hood itself and in the ducts carrying the air. Over time, this grease will form a coating that can catch on fire. All it takes is a spark to ignite the grease, eventually setting the entire building on fire. The process is quick and can become out of control within minutes. Luckily, this is easily avoidable.
Keeping the Hood Clean
A hood cleaning
can dramatically reduce the risk of fire. Professional cleaning companies have the equipment to remove grease and debris. They use a combination of methods to blast away even the most stubborn grease. This includes powerful steam cleaners, chemicals and thorough scrubbings. Cleaning companies must comply with state regulations, ensuring that the job is done correctly.
A Clean Kitchen Is a Safe Kitchen
After a thorough cleaning, kitchens are left safe and ready for use. A professional cleaning company can make all the difference. Not only is the kitchen safer, but after removing layers of caked on grease, the kitchen will look great as well. Whether you own a small restaurant with a single cook or a large restaurant with a full staff, keeping the hood clean will ensure that everyone is safe.